Sunday, June 7, 2009

Camryn Paige

She is HERE!! *Unfortunately pictures are not. Had a very long day yesterday, so I will get some up later today!*

Here is the story:

Friday afternoon Rich's cute cousin Kathleen took me to walk around The Gateway (she was so awesome this last month- went with me to get pedicures, painted my toes when the pedi chipped, and took me walking lots!). We walked all over, and even got a new outfit for Camryn. She dropped me off at home around quarter to 5, and I started having mild, but pretty regular contractions!!

We decided to go out to dinner and see if these contractions kept up, or went away. This past week I'd been having lots of contractions that lasted a few hours and then stopped, so we didn't want to get our hopes up. When we got home, they were still happening, about every 8 mins or so, so we watched our new favorite tv show Fringe... (gotta love!!) Around midnight we decided to go to bed. That didn't work so well for me. Since Camryn was posterior (again!) I started having some back labor, so everytime I'd contract, I wanted Rich to rub my back... I finally decided that since I function fine on little to no sleep, and he doesn't, that I'd let Rich sleep as long as I could handle it, and came out to the living room. A little after 2:30 I went and got him. We noticed contractions were 3 mins apart around 4, and around 4:30 we headed down to the birthing center (a 45 min drive).

We got to the center a little after 5, my midwife Bridgett checked me and I was only a 2!! (Kinda upsetting!) So she left us to rest and hang out... not much resting happened... just more Fringe, contractions, and backrubs. At 7:30 she checked me and I was a 5!! Yay!! Back labor was getting a little intense, so I got in the tub, which was AWESOME. Helped out SO MUCH.

The rest of this is kind of a blur. At 8:50 she checked me again and I was an 8. At some point after that she checked me and I was a 10!! I started pushing a little on the bed to see if it would feel better and my water broke!! Then we moved to the toliet to see if gravity would help move things along. Back labor STILL was taking over my life, so I moved to the tub. And that's where I had her. The paper work Bridgett gave us said I pushed for an hour and 39 minutes, but I'm not sure if that included pushing a little on the bed and toilet, or if that was how long I pushed in the tub. I didn't feel like I pushed in the tub all that long, but honestly I have no idea!!

Camryn was born at 11:54am. Weighed in at 7 lbs 14 oz, and was 20.5 inches long. She didn't really cry when she was born. She coughed out the fluid, and just stared at us. So cute!! After the placenta came out Rich cut the cord, held her, and I got out of the tub and got on the bed. We were examed, and everything was good!! (I didn't need stitches... YAY!!!!)

After I ate and fed Camryn, the 3 of us took a nap on the queen bed in our room for about an hour, woke up, and left the birthing center around 5pm. We could have stayed til 9:30pm, but we were ready to get out of there. Stopped by Rich's parent's house on the way home to show off the girl, and went home!!!

Rich's sister Kristi brought us some yummy dinner, had some neighbors come over, and went to bed around 11. We were EXHAUSTED!!! She only woke up twice last night to eat. Once at 3:30, once at 6:30. (I would love it if she kept that up, but we'll see what happens once the "honeymoon phase" is over...) So far she is an AWESOME baby. Doesn't cry at all when we change her nasty meconium diapers, doesn't really cry at all... so far!

Ok, well she is up now, and wanting to eat!! After I shower and get a little more normal today we'll take some pictures!!


Carol Benesh said...

She is adorable. Hurry and get those pictures up. Lots of people want to see her. Unbelievable long hair on the girl. Already wearing barrettes (good thing because she has LOTS of them).

Sarah said...

Yay! she's here! I can't wait to see some cute pics!

Kylee Benesh said...

Go to my blog for a pic!

dietcokegrrl said...

Congratulations to both of you! She is adorable!! (I saw Richard's picture of her on Facebook).

Lexi, that is one the most awesome first birth stories I have ever heard! You Benesh gals are so lucky to have such fast (and fairly painless) births!


I got the hospital with my first child dilated to a 3 and totally effaced and it still took 20 more hours for him to arrive--and that was with no pain meds as well, but it took FOREVER to get that labor to progress it felt like transition lasted forever. Hannah's birth wasn't as long, but was waaaaaay more painful, totally unmanageable at the end. Helene's birth was a dream, super fast and totally manageable pain.

Anyway, it sounds like everything went so smoothly and you seriously couldn't ask for a more perfect birth. CONGRATS and get some rest!

B & C said...

YAY! Congrats! She's adorable! Good work Lexi (and Richard)!

Chase and Elise said...

I cant believe you didnt have any drugs!! Your a brave woman :) Im glad that both of you are healthy! Shes so cute!

Chase and Ashley Winegar said...

Congrats Lexi and Rich. She is beautiful! We'll have to come over and visit. Lex, I'm so impressed you went with out drugs! And super jealous that you didn't need any stitches. Lucky girl! I'm sure getting in the tub helped a ton with that. Oh yeah.. Chase and I also LOVE Fringe. We didn't miss an episode all season. We'll have to get together for Fringe parties when it starts up again.