Thursday, May 28, 2009

40 Weeks Tomorrow.... and Ready to DIE!

I had another appointment today with my midwife. I had her do "something" (trying to keep this G rated) to try to get labor started. We'll see if it works!!! I'm only dilated 1 cm, 50% effaced, and she's minus 3. Don't know exactly what that means as far as how close I am... but hopefully things will progress!! Things are looking good with Camryn (of course). She's just happy as a clam in there. I, on the other hand, am ready for her to get OUT!! Any suggestions?? P.S. I tried to post pictures, but they wouldn't upload. Will try again when Rich gets home tonight!! XOXO

2 comments:

dietcokegrrl said...

You're not going to like what I'm going to say, but I was 100% effaced and dilated to 1cm at 37 weeks and still didn't have Helene for 3 more weeks. And with Hannah, I was dilated to a 2 at 37 weeks and she was 4 days past her due date.

You could easily got two more weeks and I hate to say it, but baby knows best. She'll come when she's ready. I am assuming you had your membranes stripped--if that doesn't start labor, I would just do lots of walking and give it some time. But I'm sure your midwife has already told you all this. Just don't do castor oil--I've heard too many nightmare stories about it.

Hang in there!!! I know the end sucks. XOXO

Alyssa said...

Yeah, I wish I had some suggestions but after being late with Jessie (and she ended up being a BIG baby) I made sure to be induced with Lucy. I think besides having your membranes stripped, you just pretty much have to wait. No fun.

You can make it! She'll be here soon - hopefully cooperating with your schedule. :)